Medicinal Cannabis Oil Massage
MEDICAL GRADE CANNABIS REDUCES PAIN AND HAS ANTI-INFLAMMATORY PROPERTIES
Thanks to its pain relieving and anti-inflammatory properties, when medical cannabis is used in massage oils, the massage therapist is able to provide a deeper and more effective massage, with less discomfort.
Benefits of Cannabis-Infused Topicals
- Anti-Inflammatory - Swollen joints are painful, and can greatly reduce one's over-all quality of life. By applying cannabis tincture directly to the inflamed areas, users have reportedly experienced less pain throughout the day and an easier time sleeping at night. This is especially important for those who suffer from rheumatoid arthritis.
- Skin Infections - There are many types of skin infections --both bacterial and fungal -- that seem to improve with cannabis.
- Chronic Pain Relief - The same chemicals in cannabis that reduce pain when ingested have been shown to reduce pain when administered topically. The medication offers fast-acting, location-specific pain relief without causing the feelings of being stoned.
- Burn Treatment - There are many reports of people using cannabis topically to treat burns, such as the case in which a burn from a car exhaust was treated with cannabis oil on one half and antibiotic cream on the other. After only a few days, the side of the burn that was treated with cannabis was healing significantly faster than the other half.
- Improve Skin Elasticity - Unlike smoking cannabis (which produces carcinogens and damages skin) applying cannabis topically can actually improve the health of your skin, resulting in improved elasticity, reduced acne and more youthful-looking skin.
- Non-Pyschoactive - The application of cannabis massage iols so not make one "high"
- General Sense of Well-being - my personal patients have reported a general sense of well-being during and after the massage. More so than one without the cannabis oils.
Evidence is beginning to show a widening spectrum of potential of benefits including, but not limited to: multiple sclerosis, rheumatoid arthritis, psoriasis, dermatitis, and itching to headaches and cramping.
How Do Marijuana-Infused Topicals Work?
Cannabis-infused lotions, salves, oils, sprays, and other transdermal methods of relief work by binding to a network of receptors called CB2.
These CB2 receptors are found throughout the body and are activated either by cannabis compounds known as “phytocannabinoids” (e.g., THC, CBD).
Even if a topical contains active THC, it still won’t induce that “high” you’d get from smoking or ingesting cannabis. With most topicals, cannabinoids can’t breach the bloodstream; they only penetrate to the system of CB2 receptors.
Science has revealed that most of the cells in the epidermis (the keratinocytes) contain a significant amount of CB1 and CB2 cannabinoid receptors. These receptors function like locks which can be activated or deactivated using the body’s own endocannabinoids or using the cannabinoids found in cannabis and some spice plants. Infusing cannabis in a topical cream or oil and applying it directly to the skin is a fast and effective way of triggering these locks.
Our oils have a combination of THC and CBD which have a synergistic effect. This means that together, they have a greater effect on the body than either one alone. Since there is no psycoactive effect, therefore there would be no reason not to get the greater good!
Why Cannabis Massage Oil Works: The Therapeutic Effects of Cannabinoids
Science has revealed that most of the cells in the epidermis (the keratinocytes) contain a significant amount of CB1 and CB2 cannabinoid receptors. These receptors function like locks which can be activated or deactivated using the body's own endocannabinoids or by using the cannabinoids found in cannabis and some spice plants. Infusing cannabis in a topical cream or oil and applying it directly to the skin is a fast and effective way of triggering these locks.
Both THC and CBD have numerous anti-inflammatory effects that can decrease pain, "mostly by preventing the release of inflammatory signals from B and T immune cells, and in animal studies have been shown to prevent the development of hyperalgesia, or abnormally increased pain signaling at the site of and injury."
CBD has also recently been shown in animal studies to speed the healing of injured connective tissue and also has numerous anti-anxiety mechanisms, which can indirectly influence pain and pain behavior.
Medical Grade Cannabis Reduces Pain and Had Anti-Inflammatory Properties
The massage oils made by A Touch of Health, Inc. are made with 100% organically grown in house cannabis. Each batch of oils is carefully made using the finest oils of almond, avocado and apricot kernel, infused with the flowers and leaves of the amazing Cannabis plant.
Thanks to it pain relieving and anti-inflammatory properties, when medical cannabis is used in massage oils, the massage therapist is able to provide a deeper and more effective massage, with less discomfort the the area being massaged.
* MINIMUM AGE 18 YEARS
* MUST HAVE A MEDICAL MARIJUANA CERTIFICATION